Bentley service manuals provide the highest level of clarity and completeness for service and repair procedures. Enthusiasts, do-it-yourselfers, and professional technicians will appreciate the quality of photos and illustrations, theory of operation, and accurate step-by-step instructions. If you're looking for better understanding of your Porsche 911, look no further than Bentley.
Engine covered in this Porsche repair manual:
* 3.2 liter 6-cylinder (930/21 and 930/25), horizontally opposed, air cooled.
This manual includes a complete engine disassembly and rebuilding guide, with full details on techniques and specifications, as well as camshaft and timing chain replacement techniques with engine in car.
* 915 (5-speed, with cable-operated clutch)
* G50 (5-speed, with hydraulic clutch)
Complete removal and disassembly guide, including clutch disassembly, clutch cable and linkage rebuilding, clutch hydraulics service.
* Maintenance procedures from changing the oil in the 11-quart dry-sump lubrication system to adjusting front wheel bearing play. This manual tells you what to do and how and when to do it.
* Illustrated engine disassembly and rebuilding, including camshaft, timing chain, and timing chain tensioner replacement with the engine in or out of the car.
* Dry-sump lubrication system repair and diagnosis, including replacing leaky oil return tubes with the engine installed.
* Carrera-specific driveability problems, including explanation of the Bosch DME engine management system.
* Complete overhaul of the 915 transmission, including replacing the synchronizer ?dog? teeth.
* Complete clutch service, including clutch cable replacement (1984-86 models) and clutch hydraulics service (1987-1989 models).
* Brake, steering and suspension system maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair, including torsion bar setup and adjustment.
* Heating and air conditioning repair, including A/C component replacement.
* Body adjustments and repairs, including power seat disassembly and repair.
* Electrical system diagnosis and fault finding, with an easy-to-use illustrated component locator section.
* Wiring schematics for all circuits, including power distribution, grounds, convertible top, rear wiper and other hard to find circuits.
by Bentley Service Publications
Softcover, 8 3/8 in. x 11 in.
Over 1200 photographs, illustrations, and diagrams